Wierd, I know!

There is only ONE reason I would share this bizarre secret passion with you, my blogging friends… It is my birthday today. And because I love you all so much, I am giving YOU this secret of mine to giggle about today – My birthday gift to YOU!

It is really a challenge of some nature- my friend, Lynnette “challenged” her readers to blog about something that crazy, silly, unusual that we would do, or try if we could. ( visit her here to read her fun/crazy/zany thoughtswww.lynnettekraft.blogspot.com)

Well, here it goes..
There has always been this part of me that craves the simple life.

( Do you know where I am going with this?) heehee…

The simple life. as in being Amish.
AMISH.. you say? Yep.

If this as unusual as my secret wishes get, then maybe I am just plain not adventurous. Or crazy, some might think.
But, truly, there have been so many times, that I would like to don the Amish Cap, try their hard-working, out of the world ways, and see if I could “survive.”

So, there you have it. I am not going to write a lengthy post today- I have so many fun things to do.. but I wanted to “take the challenge,” from Lynnette, and share my unusual and strange secret idea with you – Happy Birthday FROM me!
( Your kinda- wanna -be Amish friend.)

Lynnette Kraft
    September 24, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I used to want to be Amish too! I'm serious! I knew we were alike. That type of life is very appealing – but as I get older you know what a appeals to me more – island living… warm weather, shorts, coconuts, sandy beaches, bongo music… hee hee

Happy Birthday friend! Have a lovely day. 🙂

(The blog world is dead today – they must all be celebrating your birthday.)

Aspiemom
    September 24, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Since I lived among the Amish for many years – not Amish, myself, but among them – that is just something I have no longing to do! It's funny that you wish that, tho.

Hope you are having a very happy birthday!

Holly
    September 24, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Happy Birthday!!! I think a simple life would be rather neat. Although I think I would miss my computer! lol

MommyIvy
    September 24, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Happy Birthday! I dont think I could live that simple of a life. I'm with Lynette though. A island getaway would be nice.

Kami
    September 24, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Happy Birthday! Can I admit that I, too, long to have the simpler life? I think part of it comes with the fact that their life seems to be far more in tune with God. They are hard, diligent workers, they are family-oriented and have a reverence for God that our country could REALLY use.

All-in-all, I think it's a fabulous idea! 🙂

Linda
    September 24, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Hi September,…Happy Birthday!

I read Amish stories by Jennette Oke and such,… and it does sound charming in a lot of ways. BUT I like jewelry, and make up, and colorful clothes, and fingernail polish and decorating, and going for rides in my car, too much to give all of that up!(:>)

And yes, even the computer! I would miss my blog friends too much! So I guess I couldn't be Amish after all.

Have a great birthday kiddo.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Kate
    September 24, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Happy Birthday!! Amish? Wow! That would be cool, maybe you could find a place that let's you try to be Amish for like a weekend.

Kristin
    September 24, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Happy Birthday!! If the Amish are allowed to have computers, then I'm in! LOL!

Kari @ p.s. love.love.
    October 12, 2009 at 10:29 pm

You know, I've thought about that at times and how wonderful, simple and easy going that would be. Then I remember that I couldn't blog and then I snap out of it!