The Heart and Hand of 2011

Twas the year of 2011- And Below I Share the Heart and Hand of Our Lives.

In the Heart of my Life for 2011-

I discovered WHO I am in Christ.  Not in the eyes of others, not in who I thought I was, and not in my own strength.  IN Christ.

I left the effort of Self, and clung to the Cross of Hope, Mercy, and Grace.

I found the Discovery of Counting my GiftsWritten records of the moments of Grace- Eucharisto.

I came to a place of Acceptance.  WHO God wanted me to be all along- How far I have to go, and where I have come from.

And more.  Deep crevices notched out- allowing the flood waters of growth to settle in.

In the Hand of my Life for 2011-

I accomplished a list of DIY projects that I set to do, and was given more opportunities to try new ideas.

I read a handful of Books that I wished to get under “my belt..” and created my 2012 Reading Book List as well.

I delivered my 17th baby.  Beautiful Baby Girl.

Finished some organizational projects.

Raised Chickens, Turkeys, and more Chickens.

Re-Designed my Blog.

Made it back to the Gym.

Cut our Grocery Bill in half.

Finished a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Course.

Made new friends.

Learned more about Photography.

Began writing my book, and an ebook.

Started Homeschooling our 8th child ( with the others.)

Held my child’s hand as they rode their 1st bike, nursed my 10th baby, watched my oldest children use their gifts from God, taught my 4yr. old to read, listened to hours of piano practice, flute, violin, and song.  Rocked, cradled and comforted sick babies, happy toddlers, and read to the children about their Savior.

Prayed for my husband as I watched him go through the hardest year of his entire life.  Held his hand as we became the only two people we trusted, counted on, and literally loved for a time.

Waved good-bye to a large chapter in our lives, With Open Arms- embracing the Future.. KNOWING  that what we learn from our lives is more important than where it is.

And more…

The Heart and Hand work Together

If you wish to view some of the ideas, projects, book lists, or experiences above… feel free to click on the Highlighted links( words).. and you will re-discover my 2011 of One September Day.

Do you have a post or a comment on what 2011 meant to you?

Would you kindly link here or leave your thoughts?

Sally Clarkson
    December 30, 2011 at 1:08 am

Thanks for letting my books be a part of your year. Many blessings!

Grumpy Grateful Mom
    December 30, 2011 at 2:29 am

Sounds like you’ve had a hard and wonderful year. Your newest little one is beautiful. And on a different note, I would love to raise chickens, though I wouldn’t want to build my own coop. Happy New Year, almost. 🙂

Karen
    December 30, 2011 at 8:09 am

Boy as I read through your list,, I looked back at all that changed for me this year…wow.. and I dont think that you have enough space or time for me to list all that has changed for me this year.. In Feb my husband and I (and youngest child that still lives at home 15yrs old) moved 3 hrs away from our home town for employement oppurtunity.. leaving 2 older grown children and 3 precious grandchildren.now dont get me wrong ,,I thank God daily that he didnt take us further away than 3 hrs..but with a move come alllllll new life.. work, friend, church,grocery stores.. and it goes on and on..
    So I thank God for surviving this move,, and the peace he has given me..and I look forward to what he has in store for my 2012.. and I look forward to seeing what he has in story for you too.. my new blogging friend..
    thanks for reminding us to be grateful for the year we just had..good / bad or indiferent…

Lynnette
    December 30, 2011 at 10:38 am

Well Em – even though so much good has come out of this really difficult year, I’m sure you’re hoping for some relief from burdens this year and I HOPE YOU GET THAT RELIEF!

I’m looking forward to reading your e-book. I’m your friend and don’t even know what the topic is! I guess I should have asked!

We have certainly built upon our friendship this year, haven’t we? Those 10 ish years of sort of knowing each other felt official when we were able to meet at Relevant in 2010. Then we even got to meet your lively Ben in real life this past year. We will definitely have to try to get the families together sometime in the future. I know we’d have a blast together! All 20 of us! ha!

I love you Em. Thanks for including me in this post as a “new friend”.
    Love,
    Lynnette

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace
    December 31, 2011 at 10:48 am

What a time of change and blessing you have had in 2011….looking forward to watching your 2012 adventure unfold….and looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for my own adventure. Time to go write my own reflection/looking ahead post.

Oh…and I would say that I hope that my Browns beat your stinky Steelers on Sunday (which would be a wonderful way to begin 2012), but I know it would take an absolute New Year’s Miracle for that to happen. Sigh…it would be a bit more fun to give some football trash talk if my team played better than a high school football team. Maybe next year….=)

Holly
    January 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I am hoping that 2012 will be a good year for many of my friends and my family. ♥

Linda
    February 23, 2012 at 9:37 am

September…You certainly had quite a year in 2011. I pray that 2012 will be a great one for you and your family. I think you have grown a lot and learned a lot through your trials! I love it that you share your life lessons with us here on your blog and at “Sisters In Bloom!”

I think that all of our life is for learning, and changing, and growing. Because Christ is always wanting us to mature as Christians, and to bear fruit in our lives! This is even true in my stage of life. My husband and I have daily prayer time where we pray for the needs of others…and we consider this our ministry. We do it to bless others…and the Lord in turn brings blessings to our lives because of it. We have a burden on our hearts for the needs of others…and it is such a blessing to see God at work when He answers our prayers for them! Glory to our most wonderful Lord!

Love to you!