What I wanted to do,,, and What I did….

I waited all week for Saturday,  actually, any day, would have sufficed – to do something that I wanted…

It was Flip-Flop weather here this week, and every time I slipped my bare -feet into exposure, I wished for one of those things I hear women talk about-

What are they called – Pedicures?

Truth be told – I have only ever had ONE pedicure…. I was nine months along with my 15th pregnancy.

Yah- I guess it was time.  I never did see the beautiful handi-work the lady was able to paint onto my toes, for my ankles were to swollen to see beyond,… but it left me remembering what it was like to be pampered.  For a bit.

All that to say –

All week- I wanted to get a pedicure… and what did I do?

…………………I bought a foot massager , and a new nail polish.

Because  –

What a Mom wants to do, and What she does-

Are TWO different things.

How about you?  Can you relate?

Maybe not with the wishful luxury of a pedicure… but.. perhaps:

-I wanted to get in my walk/jog today – But I played 2 hours of ferociously -fun ping-pong against my hubby.

-I wanted to take a nap today – but as my eyes closed, the baby woke up, and so we left to get groceries.

-I wanted to work on some writing –  rather, I  wrote out to do-lists, and stored away my words in my  store-house – …..already pretty full.

-I wanted to have a bowl of cereal for the first time in forever – someONE left the milk out all day on the counter.  I had an …..apple instead.

-I wanted to burn some candles for Our Mom Heart MeetingsThey were all burned up – for science experiments.   …..I dug out the Christmas left-overs.

-I wanted to visit with a friend – I had to facebook her instead.

-I wanted a glass of water with ice after I exercised- I drank the tepid water.  With lemon.  The last of the ice was being used on a boo-boo.

-I wanted to go to bed early  – ONE night – but the sheets were never switched to the dryer – and so… I went to bed late.

-I wanted to get a hair-cut – rather, I gave two hair cuts in my kitchen.

-I wanted to sit through Church – But, I walked the baby, and worshiped in my heart and mind.

-I wanted to heal my children’s hurts – I couldn’t – and so – I prayed.

-I wanted to stay home just one day – and not leave the house – Someone locked their key in their car.  I drove them the spare.

-I wanted to read with my little boy a while longer – He wanted to play legos.

-I wanted to throw angry words at someone- I forbear, and asked God to forgive me for even thinking that.

You?

What a Mom Wants to Do….

And What A Mom Does….

Are Two different things.

And….What a blessing either could be.

Stop, Choose to be flexible – And when we want to complain – Do something different.

I choose joy.    Well,  I try.

Elizabeth
    March 26, 2012 at 7:46 am

Awesome post! So totally True!!! I can relate to all of it! Just thought I’d mention that I also had my one and only pedicure when 9 months pregnant with Baby #10! I felt so huge and awkward and even old that day! But it was nice to be pampered! 🙂

Tiffany
    March 26, 2012 at 11:08 am

Loved this post! I can relate to nearly everything you wrote…there is a definite difference between what we want and what we do, but that’s just part of being a great mama. I started reading your blog when Lynnette Kraft mentioned it in one of her’s. You both are Godly women who inspire me. Thanks for taking what free time you have to write inspiring posts that make me reflect, rejoice, and enjoy this life and the lives the the Lord has blessed me with.

Tiff in Kansas

September
      March 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Tiffany… I am so glad that you were able to stop by today! It is great to meet another friend of Lynnette’s! She is a peach! It IS hard to put aside what we want in a day, isn’t it?
      Blessings to you!
      September

Cindy @ Apron Strings and Apple Trees
    March 27, 2012 at 12:02 am

Loved it! I just went through a mommy-day with plenty of those, many of which you mentioned. It’s encouraging to hear others have them, too.

Popping in from Better Mom Mondays… thank you!

Jenilee
    March 27, 2012 at 9:11 pm

what an adorable idea for a post… yes, what we want and what we do are usually two different things. enjoyed your list! I can relate to many of them!

Jess
    March 28, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I’ve only had 1 pedicure….I didn’t think that much of it. I can do a better job at home with a good soak and a pumice scrub. I think the wanting and doing, for moms, are so often very, very different 🙂

September
      March 29, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Jess…
      Thanks for commenting! Maybe there should be pedicure “people,” that deliver to your doorstop! haha!
      Blessing to you!
      September

Corri
    March 29, 2012 at 11:50 am

Thankyou so much for this. I really needed it today!!

September
      March 29, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Corri..
      Every mom needs a break once in a while! Glad you stopped in today. Do you have a blog also?
      September

Corri
      March 29, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I do have a blog, but haven’t updated it in several months. I found myself trying to hard to blog like someone else, and not being myself, even though no one was reading. I hope to get back into it, because I enjoy it, and do it for myself, even if no one else reads it. 🙂 you are welcome to visit. http://Www.lifekeepsgettingbetter.blogspot.com

Sherrie Carpenter
    March 29, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Beautiful words!  I loved this post.  It’s so true. Thanks for sharing

September
      March 29, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Sherrie,
      Thank you for commenting and stopping by… I am always happy to “meet” those who are visiting One September Day. Have a wonderful week!
      September