I Cannot Do This Anymore ( or Does It Even Matter?)

Driving through the parking lot slowly, I see a parked car, with a woman laying her head back against the driver’s seat.  Her hands are gripping the steering wheel…Eyes are closed – her eyebrows are creased, and worry dots her forehead.

At the park, I push one child in a baby swing on the left, and another little one with my right hand – rotating pushes and bringing giggles and smiles, while my focus  is on the mom across the playground sitting in the grass watching her son on the monkey bars.  Her eyes are darkened with sadness, and she looks defeated.  She is alone, and her presence tells me that she will carry that with her.

I am rocking and feeding my baby in the Church nursery.  The place where mom’s meet in heart and soul – wondering if someone here will understand what she is going through.  No sleep, no energy, no help, and no one to talk to.

A close friend writes me an e-mail.  Calls me, and texts.  Discouragement.

Facebook reveals the same.  Twitter and more.

How many times have you heard the words – “I cannot do this any more?”

Or…

“Does it even matter?”

Moreover – How many times have YOU said those words?

This is what is happening –

The noise of the world is becoming louder than the voice of the One that matters.

Why?

We listen.

It is time to turn off the noise of the world.  Tune back into what really matters.

Moms- You CAN do this.  And IT DOES matter.

Turn away from the noise and clutter that make you feel so defeated.

Have you become distracted with any of these?  If you check even one below, it is enough to make God seem small.

-Voices of Criticism

-Heavy work schedule

-Deadline’s

-Comparison to Other’s

-Guilt over not being something you are not

-Over-loaded schedules

-Children that seem out of control

-Man-made rules imposed on you

-Imbalance in relationships

-Financial Stress

-Making Big Decisions-

When the fog becomes so thick, that you don’t feel like you can propel through it any more …

Pull over and give it to God.

If you are a mom with a burden that rests heavy on your heart and mind, and you feel that just being a mom – alone in itself is too much..

Please remember this – You matter to God.  He made this hard and beautiful thing – called Motherhood – and He has equipped us with all that we need.

The other things don’t take the front seat like He does.  Ask Him to give you strength.

I will ask Him for you.

It DOES matter.  You matter.

And remember with me – that God would never call us to do something that we weren’t equipped for.  He will empower you to clear the clutter.

Where are you today?

He will meet you there.

Trina Holden
    May 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm

speechless. you nailed it. so grateful for you. hugs

septemberanne
      May 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm

So thankful we can clear the clutter together.  Thanks Trina! 🙂

Kristin
    May 1, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Love this September! A powerful reminder.

septemberanne
      May 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Words from my heart – thanks Kristin!

Sherri
    May 1, 2012 at 7:21 pm

what wonderful encouagement in the midst of it all – thank you!

septemberanne
      May 1, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Sherri – I am always so thankful when you stop by!  Thank you!

Lisa
    May 1, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Very encouraging. I had many of those days when I parented my two oldest but very few with my youngest. Being a mom really is a treasured gift, and I think as we mature and have the benefit of already having raised children to maturity, we stress less and enjoy the precious moments more.3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2

Heather
    May 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Thanks for the encouraging post, September! 🙂

septemberanne
      May 2, 2012 at 9:53 am

Heather – It has been so long!  I stopped by today, and saw another beautiful baby boy on your site!  Wow friend!  Such a beautiful family you have.. congratulations on your “new” baby blessing!  Glad you said hello!

Cassandra Sines
    May 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Thank you so much for this post!  I found it by a friend sharing it on her Facebook page.  This is something that I really needed to hear.  I am the parent of three special needs children and right now my daughter and her illness is a huge challenge and I have been saying “I do not know how much more I can take.”  I know that God chose us to parent each of our children, but there are too many times I try to handle things in my own strength and not allowing Him to give me His strength.  Thank you again!!!!

septemberanne
      May 1, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Cassandra… I am praying for you.  I am comforted that you shared your heart here. The Lord certain;y knows our needs, and He has given you a great portion.  He will meet you in your place.  Keep pressing on.  Much love and prayers.

deborah
    May 1, 2012 at 10:50 pm

This is beautiful! Amen and very amen.

septemberanne
      May 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

Deborah – Surrender is so beautiful to the Lord, isn’t it.  🙂 Thank you for your comment today.  Amen I say!

Jdsetera
    May 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

Hello September,

This is Destinie Setera, Cody Lutz’s friend.  I have been blessed by your blog.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement to us moms.  What a great and important role we have as mothers shaping eternal souls for His glory.  Next year I am venturing into homeschooling my 2 boys. (7 and 11)  There are times when those negative thoughts pop into my mind, and I’m sure there will be days that I will think can I really do this.  In His strength and for His purpose alone I can do all things.

Blessings to my sister in Christ!

septemberanne
      May 2, 2012 at 9:51 am

Destinie!!  Hello my friend!  It is great to finally meet you!  Being a mom is such a hard and beautiful thing, isn’t it?  I will be praying for you as you venture into the homeschooling journey.   He will meet you there.  Blessings.. so thankful you said hello!

Jess_LITWH
    May 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Wonderful ! The things you listed are certainly the things that I realize once I notice how I’m being challenged.

September
      May 2, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Motherhood mixed with life can be challenging. Thanks Jess! I love stopping by to visit you. Blessings!

Stephrgoff
    May 2, 2012 at 5:16 pm

My week started out bad. Feeling so defeated I feel like iam screaming and no one is hearing me.life is so busy run this one to dance then back and drop this one off at baseball. Then back to get other one at dance take her home pick another one up and take her to dance. Then while she’s at dance go work til she is done @830 ……home so tired that I don’t even want to talk to the other kids who haven’t seem me much. I just want to go to bed how sad it makes me feel when my kids ask why are you so grumpy ? How do you slow down life when it’s been moving this fast for years?how do you stop and give your kids the attention they want and deserve? How dose a mother find herself when she has been lost for years? I lovey husband and kids so much…..How do they not know I am sad inside
    Io

septemberanne
      May 2, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Praying right now my sweet sister.  I love you.  Perhaps dropping the clutter that takes up so much space and causes so much time away from the love you want at home.  There is a peace in being still.  Even if it is only for a season.  Praying.  Join us for Mom Heart Meet Ups.  We would love to see you. This is the heart of our meetings.  Love you!

Carrie
        December 14, 2014 at 12:35 am

What are Mom Heart Meet Ups?

Corri
    May 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I have only read two of your posts,, both times brought here through a link posted by Lynnette, and both times, what I read was almost like it was written just for me. You must be a wonderful woman for God to use you in this way! 🙂

septemberanne
      May 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I pray that the Lord is well pleased with what He sees in all of our lives here at One September Day.  Your comment caused me to pause, and pray – thanking the Lord for the promptings He has laid on my heart.  The daily grind can surely give a woman a lot to share.  Blessings to you Corri!  I have been blessed each time you have commented.  Thank you!

Thressfam5
    May 3, 2012 at 9:00 am

I like you.  How did I not know you when I lived in Horseheads?

Kelly_SufficientGrace
    June 3, 2012 at 8:30 am

Great message of encouragement for moms…and much needed. Moms everywhere are weary, discouraged, and broken. It’s what happens to all of us when we try to do this monumental job in our own strength. We need His help! So grateful, He is able and faithful, full of grace, and new mercies every morning. Love to you…

Carrie
    December 14, 2014 at 12:28 am

I’m here. Stuck, begging God to help me keep on. I’m feeling so defeated and worn down. Please pray for me.