There Is Always (an excuse) A Reason – (Daily Devo’s With Mom)

I use to make excuses about  God-Time with my children.

I have always had little ones that keep me busy. I never have time to sit down.

My husband should be initiating this – I would hold out for him.

I didn’t have a clue what “this” should look like. Where do I start?   My children seemed to be getting along “ok”  - they knew what was “right and “wrong.”

I had a handful of good reasons to wait just a little longer to get going on that venture.

And then my little ones began to grown old enough –  that leading by example wasn’t enough.

I was dealing with behavior in public that should have been averted by good teaching of character and training at home.

I recognized their knowledge as lip service.

God spoke to me to use the time I have wisely.  There really wasn’t a an excuse reason I could humanly conjure up on my own that would satisfy the throne of God – when I lay my treasures at His feet – And all they would have to offer would be -”Because my mom and dad said so.”

“Reach their hearts September.  Reach in, till the soil, plant, water and let ME take root in their lives.  Teach, Love and Be Consistent.”

And so WHY do we make a daily God-Time with our children?  That they may KNOW the Living Savior and all His ways – as Their OWN.

Will you put your hand to the till, and consistently work the soil of your children’s hearts along with me ?

Because we till together – A free download for you .  For new beginnings, fresh starts, renewed visions or fun ideas – This is for you!

If you are following this Series, I would love to hear a little snippet from you today – in the comment form or personally. ( Don’t miss the give-away mentioned!)

Would you kindly pass this on my friends?

There is always a Reason. If you missed Part One - Join in here!

( For one special commenter - THIS!)   An absolute favorite for our God-Time daily!

For you…Give Them The Word.    ( Just click to print)

A free download to get you going.

A nudge to pick up the till.

Where are you in this journey my friend?

September

Comments

1. “Reach their hearts
    September.  Reach in, till the soil, plant, water and let ME take root
    in their lives.  Teach, Love and Be Consistent.”  I LOVE that line! I often worry that I am not doing enough and that my children will stray as adults or that it just won’t take root. The truth is, because I’m human and weak, I’m NOT doing enough. The good news is that, if I do my part of tilling, planting and watering, He will do the growing:) I’m working on that consistency part. Thanks so, so much for this, September! Are you going to Allume? I’d love to meet you there:) Blessings overflowing to you!

Mandy
    hissongtomeshalom.blogpot.com

• septemberanne says:

Mandy,

I agree!  I am always thanking the Lord for filling in the gap!  I will be at Allume – I would LOVE to meet you there too!

2. Dwilkecpa says:

We have been using “Our 24 Family Ways” by Clay Clarkson this summer. The kids are learning and growing and having fun enjoying the time together in God’s Word! It is a blessing to see their behavior changed because their hearts are changing!

• septemberanne says:

Deb,
          That is a great book!   Have you found the book to match up with your own Family Ways, or have you adapted new ideas?

3. Brenda Veinotte says:

I love to use Keys for the Kingdom. We also like to read the Psalm for the day. It’s so easy to see and share God’s work in the beauty of the outdoors during this season. So easy to point out how God is concerned with the little details of our lives and what an artist He is. His creation is so marvelous.
    bveinotte@juno.com

• septemberanne says:

Brenda,
         I love Keys for the Kingdom!   I love your comment about finding opportunities to point out the Lord around us daily.  Amen!  Thank you for sharing in this series!  :)

4. We used to have daily family devotion time. Then I let life get too busy and me too tired by that time of the night. My oldest children are 10 & 12 now so I have them read their chapter a day out of the Bible and journal what they learned from it. I know this isn’t good enough, and that I should be teaching them every day. I must get better at this. I have a ten month old and one on the way too. Thank you for your challenge. I accept. Please pray for me to persevere as I know I will fail. Only with God’s help can we suceed.

• septemberanne says:

Carrie,

I will certainly be praying for you – for all of us mom’s as well – that desire to commit this area to the Lord.  It seems like a daunting task -but when we look at it as a new part of our day – it becomes more routine.  I am blessed that you shared here today.  I will be thinking of you!

5. Jessica Heights says:

You are so right…there has to be planting.  There is never a perfect time, so we parents of littles just have to go for it!  :)

• septemberanne says:

Amen Jessica!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a chance to read this book with your little ones too!  You will love it!

6. Lorit4586 says:

My four are 15, 10, 10, and 9 now, but oh how I remember trying to find that ‘perfect” devotional time to pour God’s truth into them! When they were smaller it seemed that no matter what time I chose, there were always inevitable frustrations and distractions–giggling, poking, bodily functions :), “Stop touching me!” etc. Can you relate?I questioned my effectiveness, and wondered, “Why is this so hard? Should I just postpone devotions until they’re older?,What am I doing wrong?”  But one day in prayer, I felt God impress upon my heart that devotions should not be about measuring the daily or weekly PROGRESS in my childrens’ hearts by my standards, but more about the PROCESS of cultivating a heart for Him, consistenty. So today, our family devotions are still never perfect, but we commit to the “tilling” of it daily and have been blessed to see the fruits of this labor today in their love of the Lord :)

• septemberanne says:

I totally hear you!   All of the above happen here daily!  Some days – I just say – Let’s take a break and get back together when we can all listen and I can think!  :)  Amen – It IS a process  - let the tilling continue!  Thank you for sharing here today!

7. I awarded you The Sunshine Award!  Come check it out!

Kindly share your thoughts