Here are a few of our favorite Summer Snacks!
Raw Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
4 cups raw almond milk
2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
2 medium frozen bananas
1 to 2 handfuls ice cubes
Mix in blender, and adjust ice as you wish. This recipe hails from one of my all-time favorite whole food blogs… http://www.nourishingmeals.com
Piña Colada Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 1/3 cup coconut milk (or more depending on how creamy you like it)
- Coconut oil
- Yogurt ( French Vanilla)
¼ cup popcorn kernels, preferably organic
Brown paper lunch bag
Optional: Melted butter, oil, and/or salt
1. Pour the kernels into the brown paper bag.
2. Tightly fold over the top three or four times. No tape or staples are necessary.
3. Put it in the microwave and start it on high for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
4. Listen for the popping to slow down to 3 or 4 seconds apart at which point you will take it out of the microwave. This usually happens for me around the 3 minute and 15 second mark.
5. Pour popcorn into a bowl and drizzle with melted butter or spritz with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt. If you don’t use oil or butter the salt won’t stick.
- Yield: Approximately 3 – 4 servings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed
- 2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup of tahini (roasted, not raw)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish
More of our family favorite’s can be found here!
What are YOUR favorite Summer Snacks – Healthy alternatives to the sugar packed snacks sold in stores?
Leave me a comment and share your ideas!